Eating this juicy delectable coconut shrimp curry with the rice hoppers was such a delightful experience for dinner tonight.The instant frozen boxed shrimps I got from TNT were just like fresh ones caught from the sea as they were bursting with flavour. This spicy curry though so simple to make was so delicious.
All I did was sauté the shrimps (marinated with ginger garlic paste, salt, red chilli powder & turmeric) in oil tempered with mustard seeds, dried red chillies and fresh curry leaves. Then I added tomato paste and coconut milk and let it simmer for 5 minutes. That’s all!! Loved it! So delicious!
25-30 jumbo shrimps
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
2 dried red chillies
a few curry leaves
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tbs tomato paste
1/2 a can of coconut milk (Aroy D)
4 tbs canola/vegetable oil
a sprig of fresh cilantro
salt to taste
1. Peel (do not remove the tails), devein and rinse the shrimps in running water. Set aside.
2. Marinate them for 15 minutes with salt, ginger garlic paste, turmeric and red chilli powder.
3. To a saucepan on medium heat add oil and when hot add the dried red chillies, mustard seeds and curry leaves, then toss in the marinated shrimp and sauté in the tempered oil lightly.
4.Mix in the tomato paste followed by 1/2 a can of coconut milk. Shake the can well before opening it.
5. When it comes to a boil, taste and adjust the salt, turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with hot steamed/boiled rice or rice hoppers.Enjoy!
Some of the links on this post above are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn a small commission by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Should you choose to buy them you could click on these links to go to the respective sites and make your purchase. I would really appreciate if you do that. Thank you.