The flavour of the melted butter along with the pounded spices added a new dimension to the dish and it tasted intensely delicious!
Here’s the recipe.
Chicken – 2 legs and 2 wings
Butter – 1/4 cup
Olive oil- 2 tbs
Black pepper – 1 tsp
Whole Coriander- 1 tbs
Whole Cumin – 1/2 tsp
Green cardamom- 8
Green chillies – 2
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Tomato – 1 medium size
Dried Kashmiri red chillies – 2
Garlic cloves – 5 medium size
Chopped ginger – 1 tsp for garnish
Chopped cilantro – 2 tbs for garnish
1. De skin, clean, wash and drain the chicken. Rub with salt and keep aside.
2. Melt the butter with the olive oil in a sauce pan on low heat.
3. Pound the coriander, black pepper, green cardamom and cumin separately. Break the dried kashmiri red chillies.
4. Add the pounded spices to the pan followed by the crushed garlic cloves. Stir on medium hear to release a whiff of aroma.
5. Add the chicken to the sizzling spices in the pan.
6. Turn over and cook the chicken till it changes colour.
7. Add the whole green chillies and chopped tomato and give it another stir.
8. Add 1/2 a cup of water, cover with a lid and leave to cook on simmer for 15 – 20 mins or more till the chicken is soft, tender and juicy.
9. Do not forget to stir from time to time. If the water dries up, sprinkle a little more water.
10. At the final stage add chopped ginger and cilantro, simmer for 2 more minutes and serve hot with rice.