As a child I always loved eating raw mangoes and also enjoyed them when cooked with fish or meat. Still cannot forget the taste of the fish curry with raw mangoes that my mom used to make for lunch on a hot summer day.
Here’s the recipe:
Trout or any other fish filets – 1lb
Green mango – 1 large
Onion – 1 large
green chillies – 2-3 small
ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
Cilantro – 1/4 cup
Vegetable oil – 2 tbs
Salt to taste
1. Clean wash and towel dry the trout or any other fish. Set aside.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a sauce pan, fry the sliced onion to golden brown.
4. Peel the green mango and cut into 4 quarters and add them to the onion masala.
5. Then immediately add the trout filets too along with the green chillies. Turn over the fish pieces gently to mix with the masala. Cover and leave it to simmer on low flame till the mango becomes tender and the fish is cooked. Sprinkle a little water if the sauce is too thick.
6. Taste the sauce and adjust the salt and let the sauce thicken a bit on simmer. When you start getting the aroma, the fish is ready.
7. Garnish the trout curry with chopped cilantro and serve hot with boiled rice and enjoy!