The kheer was just delicious! The coconut flavour combined with the scent of fresh roses was heavenly. We couldn’t stop eating.
Here’s the recipe!
Sagodana pearls– 1/2 cup
Cane sugar cubes – 2 inch square or sweeten as per taste
Coconut Milk – 1 cup
Rose petals – Fresh petals from one rose
Nuts – Almonds, pistachios etc (optional)
1. Soak the sagodana in 1 cup of water for at least an hour.
2. Dissolve the cane sugar cubes in the coconut milk and bring it to a boil.
3. Drain the soaked sagodana and add to the boiling milk.
4. Add a few rose petals.
5. Keep stirring till the sagodana pearls turn transparent and the milk is absorbed.
6. Turn down the heat and serve warm.
7. You may garnish with some strands of saffron and chopped nuts.
1. Add honey or maple syrup instead of .cane sugar for a different flavour.
2. Add the sagudana to the coconut milk only after it boils.
3. Use a large saucepan instead of a small one, otherwise the sagudana would turn soggy.