Try this recipe.
Quick cooking Oats – 1/4 cup (cooking time -1.5 mins)
Onion chopped – 1 tbs
Ginger garlic paste – 1/8 tsp (optional)
Green chilly deseeded (optional) – 1 very small
Curry leaves or mint (fresh) – 4 or 5
Cilantro (chopped) – 1 tsp
Yoghurt – 1 tbs (optional)
Egg – 1
Salt to taste
Water – 11/2 cups
Olive oil – 1 – 2 tsp
1.Put the olive oil in a sauce pan on medium heat.
2. Add the chopped onion, curry leaves and the green chilly. You may omit the green chilly if you don’t want it or add half of it. I added a very small one after removing the seeds just for the zing. It wasn’t hot for me.
3. Fry till the onions turn translucent. Add the ginger garlic paste – a little just for its flavor, then the whipped yoghurt. You can make it without the ginger garlic paste and yoghurt too and it still tastes good.
4. Now add the water and let it come to a boil.
5. Add the oats, salt and chopped cilantro and let it cook for 2 mins.
6. Break the egg first into a small bowl then slide it slowly into the sauce pan with the runny oats.
7. Simmer for 2 more mins till the egg is poached to your choice – half done, well done or runny. I like it with the center still runny but the sides slightly done. Add a tablespoon of some sour yoghurt and chopped curry leaves as a final touch and enjoy!