2 Chicken breasts (1kg)
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Cumin powder
2 + 1 tbs Corn flour
For the chutney:
Green chillies – 4-5
1 cup Fresh chopped cilantro
1/2 cupFresh chopped curly parsley
1/2 inch piece Ginger
1 Onion (small)
1 Tomato (medium)
2 tbs Vinegar
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil for deep frying
1. Clean, wash, dry and cut the chicken breasts into small bite size pieces. Rub with salt, black pepper, ginger garlic paste, cumin and turmeric powder and keep aside for 1/2 an hr.
2. Add 2 tbs corn flour to the marinated chicken pieces and mix well. Break the egg into the chicken and mix gently so that all the chicken pieces are well coated.
3. Deep fry them lightly in medium to hot oil till they just turn opaque. Remove from pan, drain and keep aside.
4. Blend together all the ingredients of the chutney. Add salt. The chutney is now ready.
5. Take another pan add 3-4 tbs of oil and set it on medium heat. Add the chutney to the oil and cook till the colour darkens a bit and begins to thicken. Now adjust the seasoning after adding vinegar and salt. Take 1/4 cup of water, blend in 1 tbs cornflour and add to the chicken as it is cooking. Mix well. The corn flour paste gives the sauce a glazed look. Let it simmer on low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.Serve hot with fried rice or noodles and enjoy.
As a variation you can add garlic (2 cloves) instead of ginger in the chutney. You get the zing thing with the ginger while the garlic tones it down a bit.