[social_warfare buttons=””Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Yummly, Total””]
Ever made Fettuccini shrimp pasta flavoured with yellow mustard? It was so full of flavour and incredibly delicious! Sometimes I just can’t decide what I want to make for dinner until I go into the kitchen and start the process. Then seeing my spices I imagine the dish. That’s what happened today when I saw the yellow mustard that I bought from Costco long back and never used it until today. Yellow mustard is not as strong as the black one which we mostly use for pickling and tempering but has its own subtle flavour therefore it blended well with the Jalapeño and the white sauce with shrimp. The result was sensational!
Here’s the recipe before I forget it.
15 tiger shrimp (medium size)
2 Garlic cloves
1/2 tsp yellow mustard seeds
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tbs white flour
2 tbs olive oil
1 small Jalapeño pepper deseeded
1 tbs chopped red onion
2 tbs cilantro and parsley
1/2 cup whole milk
1 tbs butter
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
Salt to taste.
1/2 tbs lemon juice.
1. Cook the fettuccini pasta till al dente in salted boiling water. Drain and set aside.
2. Grind together the garlic cloves, onion, jalapeño pepper, yellow mustard seeds, salt, cilantro and parsley.
3. Sauté the shrimp with the ground spices in 2 tbs olive oil.
4. Prepare a smooth white sauce in another pan by whisking the flour in melted butter and slowly adding milk on low heat until it is smooth.
5. Add the white sauce to the sautéed shrimp in the pot. Mix well. Spoon in 1 tsp dijon mustard, black pepper, add some water if too thick then toss in the grated mozzarella cheese.
6. Sprinkle some lemon juice and simmer for 2 minutes. Adjust the salt then pour it on top of the cooked fettuccine pasta and serve hot with sautéed veggies on the side. Enjoy!