The Fresh Gourmet crispy onions from Costco are amazing. Their crunch and flavour gave a new dimension to the samosa chaat I made today. Unlike other fried onions we buy from Indian stores these are neither oily nor salty. I would say you could not only use them in some of your dishes but also eat them as a snack. I served my chaat with pomegranate seeds strewn on top, also some hickory sticks which made it even more tantalizing! Above all it takes only 5 – 10 mins to make this chaat.
1 cup yoghurt
1/4 cup onion chopped
1 small green chilli chopped
1/2 tsp ginger chopped
1/2 tsp Chaat masala powder
1/4 cup fresh gourmet crispy onions
1 tbs green chutney
1 tbs tamarina chutney
A few hickory sticks (optional)
Salt to taste
Fresh cilantro chopped
Fresh pomegranate arils
1. Pick up all the above ingredients as shown in the picture and make your chaat in no time. So quick and easy to make, so yummy to eat!
2. Whisk 3/4 cup of yoghurt in a bowl. Add chopped onions, green chillies, ginger and a little cilantro, salt and chaat masala powder. Mix everything well.
2. Break the samosas into bite size pieces and spread them in a layer over the yoghurt mixture.
3. Drop 1 tbs each of the tamarina and green chutneys over the samosas as shown in the picture.
4. Spread the remaining yoghurt over the chutneys and sprinkle some chaat masala powder. Add some Hickory sticks if you want more crunch and flavour.
5. Layer the top generously with the Fresh Gourmet crispy onions. Add some Hickory sticks if you want more crunch and flavour.
6. Decorate with fresh pomegranate seeds and chopped cilantro. Enjoy your tongue tingling and mouth watering Chaat.