The store bought cranberry sauce was awful, it was like a jello paste and I didn’t like it at all. I looked up recipes and found the Pioneer Woman’s cranberry sauce recipe very interesting. It was so simple and when I tried it out, it was amazing. I made a slight change to the recipe by replacing the tartness of the cranberry juice with the sweetness of orange juice. I also added a blob of butter to give it a glaze and buttery flavour. We all licked the bowl clean, it was tongue tingling, tangy, sweet and so yummy. Here’s the link to Ree Drummond’s recipe: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/homemade-cranberry-sauce/
1 pack of fresh cranberries – 1 pack
1 cup orange juice
1 tbs lemon juice
1 cup maple syrup
1 tbs orange zest
1 tbs butter
1. Rinse the fresh cranberries in cool water after picking the bad ones out, drain and put them in a pot.
2. Add the orange juice, lemon juice and maple syrup and bring to boil. Skim off the froth that floats on top.
3. The berries start popping out when the maximum heat is reached. Stir on and off and let the sauce thicken.
4. Add the blob of butter and orange zest, simmer a bit to get the right jelly like consistency and remove.
5. Allow it to cool before transferring to a serving bowl or jar.
6. Enjoy with turkey or chicken.