A refreshing salad for lunch or dinner as a snack or a side dish in summer. This is a very simple salad to make from the fruits you have at home, especially when you are pressed for time and your imagination has deserted you. Cut up an apple or pear, some grapes or berries and throw them in together with a handful of spring mix, garnish with some chopped walnuts, drizzle some dressing on top and voila your salad is ready in no time! You may any dressing of your choice. I also use lemon poppy seed dressing sometimes.
Here’s the recipe:
Green apple – 1
Red grapes – 1/2 cup
Spring mix – 1 cup
Walnuts – 1tbs
For the lemon dijon dressing:
Lemon juice (fresh) – 1 tbs
Dijon mustard – 1tsp
Brown sugar – a pinch
Olive oil – 1tbs
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Wash, peel and thinly slice the green apple. Deseed and cut in half the red grapes.
2. Layer the spring mix on a plate, then throw in the apple slices followed by the grapes on top.
3. Mix together all the dressing ingredients in a bottle and shake well to blend.
4. Sprinkle chopped walnuts and drizzle the dressing on top.
5. The salad is now ready to be served. Enjoy!